Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day 21 and FPU Class Tonight

Tonight is our fourth FPU class (already!). Tonight's lesson is about Dumping Debt. I'm looking forward to it, as we have a lot of debt to dump!

Something that I have noticed about myself in the past is that when we're being careful with our money and planning our meals, I can get really creative with what we do. It gets to be an adventure to find reasonably healthy meals and not get bored. This last week we've had meals such as grilled chicken salad, steak tips with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes, French bread pizza with salad on the side, tuna casserole with California vegetables, and hoagie sandwiches. It's amazing what a little planning and forethought can do. Between basketball games and other commitments, this is another busy week coming up. Hopefully, I can keep up the meal planning and preparation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great! I have been cooking more at home but since its just Hailee and I does a box of macaroni and cheese count as cooking? lol

Anonymous said...

I really should try to plan my meals more. I usually come home, then figure out something quick. I even have to thaw meat in the microwave most of the time. Of course, I have been known to lay out meat to thaw, then we end up going to Enid or somewhere every night and the meat spoils.