Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 23 and Finding Hope

Remember that overwhelmed feeling that I talked about last week? That feeling that I get when I have too much to do and don't even know where to start? That is the same feeling that I've been facing with the finances. It seems so overwhelming, but I know that doing nothing isn't going to help. Obviously, it hasn't helped so far. So I'm trying to find hope in the little things:

1. We're doing great at not eating out. We haven't eaten out since our date 2 1/2 weeks ago and we had a gift card to cover most of that.
2. We are doing great at avoiding Sonic. Tom's had it a few times before band practice and I'll be getting one before a meeting on Thursday, but compared to what we've done in the past, that is way down.
3. We actually have a plan! It may not always work, but at least we're looking at it and thinking about it instead of going through life like Gomer Pyle on Valium (that's a Dave Ramsey quote, LOL).
4. I sold two books on half.com last week, that money should be deposited sometime this week, that will go to the baby EF. I also am selling 4 of my child care curriculum books for $50 on Thursday, that will be more for the baby EF. With those and with Tom's paycheck this week, we should be able to add around $160 to the EF. That will bring it up over $400!
5. We've been to several basketball games without buying anything at the concession stand. We have either eaten before we left home (on away games) or come home during the girl's game (after the JV game) and grabbed something. We've also been smuggling our own pops in (shhh...don't tell!).
6. We have been blessed with thoughts and prayers from our friends.

No comments: