Friday, February 8, 2008

Day 26 and Debt Update

I paid $84.04 more to Josten's on Josh's sr. stuff, and made the car payment (ON TIME, so no late fee!!!) of 255.97. That brings our total debt paid up to $1171.09!! This paycheck I was concentrating on getting some regular bills paid on time so there won't be any late fees. Our house payment and our car payment are now up-to-date!! I plan to pay the electric bill next Friday when it's due so that there won't be a late fee on that. Hopefully, by March, we can have everything caught up to the point where we are paying on time.

I went to get the mail last night before I went to my meeting, and there was this white padded envelope. After I finally got into it (houses should be so hard to break into! LOL), it was a $25 Chili's gift card to Tom & I for Valentine's Day from "Cupid". We have no clue who it's from, but whoever you are. Thank you! We appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts and can't wait to use it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great! You will be so glad next month to see them all on time! Whoever thought of the gift card, great idea, they deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is super! Enjoy your night out for Valentines Day! I am sure that was a great surprise, and whoever sent it must really care about you both, and know that you deserve a night out!

Mom Thumb said...

I was wondering, in addition to keeping track of how much debt you're paying off, are you tracking how much you are saving by not having Sonic drinks, not eating at ball games, etc.? I bet the amount would surprise you. Nice about the Chili's card, enjoy your night out!

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks, Mandy & Di!

Linda, no, I haven't been tracking how much we've saved by not getting that stuff. I just added up what we had spent on it the last few months and decided it had to go or be cut way down.