Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Crushing Weight

Well, it's 11:30 and I can't sleep, so I might as well write. The FPU class on dumping debt tonight was very intense. However, instead of coming away feeling motivated, I am feeling crushed by the weight of our debt tonight. 110,000 (or thereabouts) counting our house, $65,000 of which are student loans. It's not like we make a lot of money either. Compared to what we owe, the $896 we've paid off in the last 3 weeks just seems like such a tiny amount, barely even a drop in the bucket. Maybe not even a drip in the bucket. So, pray for me because I am struggling right now. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged! I can see how much you have improved your spending habits and your way of looking at costs of things. Of course it is going to be a long, hard road ahead, but as long as you keep up the good work, you should keep going up, instead of digging down deeper.Keep your chin up, and don't slip back into those old habits. It is a lot like a diet, every step back makes it so much harder to move forward. Boy don't I sound like I know what I am talking about....LOL

Anonymous said...

I think you are doing great! If it makes you feel better I owe more than u owe on anything, on my house and car alone! Yea I love them but the payments are ouch!

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks Di. We've seen how well I do on diets, right? LOL!

Thanks Mandy!