Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 24 and More of my Weaknesses

Some women spend money on shoes, clothes, purses, or getting their hair and nails done. My weakness is books and toys. Books of all kinds: kids books, child care curriculum books, adult fiction books, adult non-fiction books, you name it. We have hundreds, perhaps even thousands of books. I love to find toys for my child care, either at garage sales, online, or in stores. Anyone who helped us move last time knows that I really don't need any more books or toys, but I have still kept buying them. I've started clearing out some of my curriculum books and selling them to build up the EF, and Tom & I occasionally go through our personal books and sell them to Hastings or give them away. We hardly ever buy new fiction books, we find lots of good used books at Hope Outreach in Enid and Tom's dad loans us books when he finishes with them. If I need a curriculum book, I can check out curriculum books from the child care lending library in Enid. I've got enough kid's books to open my own library, so I really don't need anymore of those either. So my new goal is not to buy any new books or toys for the child care for quite a while.

I paid more on Josh's Sr. stuff yesterday, and Tom gets paid this Friday, so I'll be updating some debt totals at the end of this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha you should see my bookshelf! Its over flowing with books I have read articles about or saw online and wanted to read. I get a good deal on ebay or something then never read them! Now that John is gone I need to read them and sell them off! Great idea!

KiddoKare1 said...

I swear, it's an addiction. Tom and I have two overflowing bookshelves in our room and have considered commandeering the one up in Serenity's room since she's not using it. LOL.