Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 99 and is it Monday already?

Wow, my weekend flew by in a blur! But at least most if it was spent doing stuff that I enjoyed. The class that I took on Saturday was great, and I had a great time at Mandy's baby shower yesterday. She sure did get a lot of cute stuff. It almost makes me want to have another baby. HAHA! NOT! I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through her until I start getting grandchildren. Which is hopefully SEVERAL years off!

Let's see, a couple of confessions. We got pizza from the grocery store on Friday night for supper, and then on Saturday, I ate out during the lunch break of my class and Tom & Tasha grabbed lunch at Bob's. Don't get me wrong, I really don't think there's anything wrong with eating out sometimes, I just want to be very careful that we do not slip back into our old bad habits.

On another note, regarding my eating. I was not doing very well at all for a few days, but I am doing much better now. At the class on Saturday, they had muffins and cookies during the morning break, and then cookies again during the afternoon break, along with bottled water and pop. I just grabbed a bottle of water each time and walked away. Then yesterday at the baby shower, they had these adorable flower cookies and I resisted those, too. THEN during discipleship training, they were offering chocolate cake and ice cream, and I resisted again! It was hard! Tonight, our Sunday school class is meeting to pray for revival at the church next week, and they are serving cookies. I'm taking a small veggie tray so that I have something that I can munch on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed at how well you are doing at both your diet and your budget! Don't feel guilty for eating out once in awhile!

KiddoKare1 said...

Thank you! Well, part of me feels guilty when we eat out or spend money because I think maybe that money should have gone towards a debt. But then I think of how much we were spending on that stuff and how far we've come and realize that if we did not treat ourselves every once in a while, it would make this process almost unbearable. We just have to be ever mindful not to slip back into old habits.