Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Day 100 and Sticker Shock

So when I went grocery shopping on Saturday night, I was exhausted, and Tasha had mowed our yard, aka the jungle that morning and she was exhausted so we decided to do Jumbo's instead of Aldi's so we didn't have to bag and load our own groceries. WOW! Some of the prices were so much higher than Aldi's, it was unreal. The same size of bagged salad is 99 cents at Aldi's and $1.49 at Jumbo's. The main difference was in the brand name-"Dole". Anyway, guess I'll try not to be so tired next time I go shopping. LOL! Of course, some of the prices were about the same or not that much more, too. But I seriously don't think anything was cheaper at Jumbo's.

Well, I moved one of my toddlers from a playpen to a mat this week so it was an adventurous naptime today. The two older boys thought it would be fun to get the toddler and themselves good and wound up. Suffice it to say that I have had better naptimes.

2 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

I save tons of money at Jumbo. I've only been in Aldi a couple of times and it was kind of weird in there. That's been awhile, though, so we are going to walk down and check it out.

KiddoKare1 said...

Well, with Aldi's, I think a lot of it has to do with what you specifically buy. The stuff that I buy a lot of tends to be cheaper there. So far we have really liked everything we have tried there, it's all been very good. I do not usually buy my meat there, though. I get it at United or Jumbo's on sale.