Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 40 and Everyone Makes Mistakes, Oh Yes, They do!

Do you remember that song? I think it was a Sesame Street song. That's what I've been singing to myself all morning in a desperate attempt not to let me natural propensity to beat myself up over every mistake I make take over. Here's the scoop on my latest stupid tax. We got another courtesy pay fee this morning. I mentioned in yesterday's post that Tom's car was making an awful noise, which meant he had to take my van to work yesterday. Well, that also meant that we had to fill the van up with gas earlier than planned. Well, Bob's didn't have any gas Wednesday night, so I couldn't write a check. I had to get gas at Co-op where I had to use the debit card. Well, the debit card transaction went through this morning BEFORE the direct deposit from Tom's pay and so we got charged $22.50 extra for that gas! As if gas wasn't expensive enough. The worst part is that I had a check here that I could have sent with Tom to deposit yesterday and avoided this, but I forgot. Sigh...

Anyway, on to more positive things. Here is an updated debt list with what we'll be paying today:

DLO: $14.40-PAID!
DLO: $34.11-PAID!
Radiology: $37-PAID!
Urgent care clinic: $46.15 (August 2007)-PAID!
Urgent care clinic: $40.55 (November 2007)
Dr. Office: $79.20-Paid $39.20, balance $40
ER Doctor: $97
dentist: $120-paid $20, balance $100
Auto parts store: $136.37-paid $36.37, balance $100
Josten's (Josh's Sr. Stuff, this has to be paid by March 1st) pd. $84.04, balance $0
Hospital: $261.16
Credit card #1: $2970
Credit card #2: $1104
Credit card #3: $990
Credit card #4: $899
Credit card #5: $908
Credit card #6: $2509
Car loan: $3051
My student loan: $12, 913
DH student loan: $53, 248
House: paid $335.06

As of February 8th: $1396.85 in debt paid off!

So I just have to remind myself of all the positive steps we've taken and try not to let the stupid mistakes upset me too much. Of course, that's much easier said than done, right? Let's see, we got the electric bill paid on time so we didn't have a late fee this month. That was $22 saved. We got the car payment made on time so there was no late fee there, that saved us $20.50. We got the house payment made on time, that saved us a $10 late fee. Then there's all the money we've saved not eating out and avoiding Sonic drinks. Our baby EF is at $485 and after we add the $50 from Tom's paycheck, and I get the money from the two books I'm selling to a friend, it will be at $550. Oh, and I should be getting another half.com deposit next week, that will add another $15.

I have a very busy weekend coming up. I've got to get my grocery and Wal-Mart shopping done, I've got a humanities paper to write, and an 8-10 page rough draft for my ethics class to write, a funeral to go to tomorrow, and church and FPU class on Sunday. So, I will try to post this weekend, but they may be short and sweet. However, if I don't get to post, everyone will know why.


5 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

You do have a propensity to beat yourself up. STOP IT! You really are making progess, so try to focus on that.

I'm sorry for your losses. I'll keep you in my prayers this weekend. Sounds like it will be hectic. Good luck!

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks Linda!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Linda! You should be proud of yourself and what you have been able to accomplish in such a short time! Don't let yourself stress too much this weekend,....LOL I guess I know you better than that, but try to relax a little if possible.

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks Di!

Anonymous said...

Things are going great! Keep up the good work. :-)