Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 37 and It's Whine Time!

Ok, can I have just a moment of whine time? LOL! I woke up with a headache this morning. Not a normal headache, but a "it hurts so bad it makes you sick to your tummy headache". I've taken medicine for it which brought it down to an almost bearable level, but it's not gone away. As soon as the first round of meds wore off, it got really bad again. So, that's my whine. Moving on...

So, we're still doing great at avoiding Sonic drinks, other than previously agreed upon times (like on Tuesdays when Tom has band practice). When we went to the last basketball game on Saturday, we only paid to get in ($15 for 3 of us! OUCH!) and that's it. We didn't get anything to eat or drink at the concession, and although we looked longingly at the Sonic as we were leaving the college in Tonkawa, we didn't stop. LOL. Because we've been wanting to try the new BBQ place here in town, and because I think we deserve a small reward, I think we will plan to eat there on Friday night this week when Tom gets paid.

We still haven't filled out the student loan deferment papers for Tom, we have got to get that done this week.

I will be paying off the last of Josh's Sr. stuff (announcements, cap & gown, etc) this week. My next savings goal is to save up money through March to pay to either rent or buy his tux for prom in April. If we can find one to buy for a reasonable price, I'd really like to buy him one. I think he is pretty much done growing height wise, and it would be nice for him to have one for future events. After that, I'll be saving for his graduation gift ($'s) and for his reception if he wants to have one after graduation. OH! And I still need to do Sr. Pictures. Yikes! Well, at least I'm thinking about it ahead of time. We'll get it done. I need to do an estimate of what all this cost so that I can start saving for Tasha's Sr. year next year. It will be here before I know it. (boohoo!!!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definately deserve a break! The Bar-B-Que joint is really good food. The Black Oak sausage is wonderful. Of course,the ribs, brisket and chicken are all good, too. (I haven't tried anything else yet...LOL) I still think they need more sides to choose from, though. Oh, and I remember all too well the expense of having a senior in the house. At least you will have a couple of years before Tasha gets ther...but I know that will be gone before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I hope you feel better soon. Danny and Mandy both have the stomach flu!

KiddoKare1 said...

Oh man, I hate to hear that Mandy & Danny have that bug. Hope they get over it quickly!

Mom Thumb said...

Hope your headache is gone. It's hard to function on any level when you're in pain.

We stopped at the BBQ place on our way back from Wichita yesterday and took home some pulled pork, beans and potato salad. Really good!

You have me as a link - I feel honored!

KiddoKare1 said...

Linda, my headache is better, but not completely gone. My neck and shoulder muscles are stiff and sore from the headache. However, compared to how I felt yesterday, I feel dandy today. LOL.

Of course I have you as a link!