Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 35 and finishing up week 5

Tonight is already lesson 6 of our Financial Peace University class! It is just going by so fast! I hope and pray that the lessons stick in our hearts and minds this time, even after the class ends.

Today, we honored our pastor and his wife for 30 years of service at our church. Now, I'm still pretty much a newbie at the church. Our oldest daughter Serenity started going there almost 5 years ago. This was before she had her driver's license. Believe it or not, I would drive her all the way over there and sit in the parking lot while she was at Sunday school and church. But I never went in. Later, Josh and Tasha started going also. I've been going now about 2 1/2 years and Tom started a few months after I did. I can tell you that Gary & Annette have had an amazing impact on mine and my family's lives. If there is a spiritual question, Gary can answer it in simple enough terms that even I can understand it. LOL. Annette leads our FPU class, and has been such a blessing and support to us. So today's blog is dedicated to them and all they've done for our family. Thank you!!!

2 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

That's nice that you have such a good fit with your church. Terry K. spoiled me and I haven't found a church here with a pastor that lives up to his example.

I think you're going to stick to this, even after classes are over!

KiddoKare1 said...

I don't think that the church here has found someone like Terry either, Linda. But I don't go there so I can't say for sure. LOL

We are very lucky, the whole church is lucky to have Gary & Annette. They are amazing people!