Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day 139 and Bare Bones Shopping

I did my bi-weekly shopping last night. Because of the unexpected loss of income and the unplanned trip to Granite today, I wanted to cut back my list as much as possible in order to have enough money for the gas today. So I went through my pantry and freezer and cut back my list quite a bit. I didn't get a new ink cartridge at Wal-mart yet. I figure with school out for the kids and me not having to do a newsletter for the child care association that I could put that off for a bit longer, of course that saved me about $30 right now. Anyway, bottom line. I usually spend about $200-$250 total, usually closer to $250 (between Wal-Mart and the grocery store) on the bi-weekly trips. I spent about $150. Besides having to get more milk next week, we should have plenty of food to last us until the next payday. I'm going to get the ice chest out and pack the sugar free dessert I made for tonight, along with some drinks, and I'm going to pop up some popcorn and find some other stuff to take along for a snack.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually take atleast every other print cartridge to where Stan (jess husband) works at Cartridge World and it saves me a lot by just getting them refilled. They also have those cards they stamp and after so many you get one free.

KiddoKare1 said...

We did that for a while, then stopped because we had bad luck with a couple of them. We should probably try again.