Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 136 and Getting Back to Basics

So I've been thinking today about how much we really need to get back to basics. We've slipped a bit in the last few weeks. It is hard to keep up that initial momentum, kind of like when you're on a diet and you start out real well, but it's hard to maintain that. I go through stages where I just get totally burned out with cooking and I think I'm in one of those right now. That makes it harder for me to be creative with meals. I've already stated my goal that we not eat out again until our mid-June payday. That will be a tough one when we drive to Granite this Saturday for my grandpa's birthday party. But I can pack an ice chest with some drinks in it and pack some snacks. We'll be eating supper there, we can eat lunch at home before we go. I'll be trying to think of some new goals between now and tomorrow.

No comments: