Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 138: Frustrations and an updated debt total

Well, there's been some drama in my child care the last couple of weeks with a dad who quit his job without finding a new one first. So now I have an opening and an immediate loss of income. It's a bit of a problem because I had budgeted based on what I expected to get paid from him next week. But I know that God will take care of us and so I'm trying to stay calm. It's just very frustrating.

One of the credit card collectors called us yesterday and offered to settle one of the $3000 accounts for $1168, the offer is good through the end of the month. Yeah, tomorrow. LOL. Of course, we don't have that kind of money just laying around. She also told me that our May payment hadn't arrived yet and I told her that it had been mailed Friday, May 16th. So I checked our checking account online and sure enough, that check and another one from that day haven't cleared yet. The other 4 sent out to credit card accounts have cleared. The suspicious and cynical side of me thinks that both of these checks are setting on someone's desk somewhere. Why do I think that? Because both of these companies are ones who told us that they would only accept payment arrangements from us if we gave them access to our checking accounts. So...I'm kind of wondering about this new development. I don't know what else to do except wait and send them their June payments as scheduled.

After the house payment and the car payment get made, our debt paid off since January will be up to $5576.57!!!

This is another one of those crazy busy weekends. I'll try to post, but if I don't, you'll know why!

No comments: