Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 63 and "Only" $65,000

Today ends our 9th week of this latest Financial Peace University journey. We had a lesson on investing tonight, which was pretty interesting, but seems so far off to us. One interesting thing, actually it was more annoying, was when a man who was talking at the beginning mentioned that he hadn't made very much money when he was working, "only $65,000". Frankly, that sounds like a phenomenal amount of money to me right now. That is almost double what we made this past year (I just finished our taxes). Of course, I realize that we live in a fairly low cost of living area, but with the price of gas the way it is, I think that eats up a lot of what we save because we have to drive to get anywhere. I even tried to buy my Easter candy for my child care party here in town so I wouldn't have to drive to Enid but the stores didn't have any wrapped Easter candy. Anyway, we can only do what we can do with what we have. I can't let myself get wrapped up in what others have. So here's to praying for being content with what I have!

2 comments:

Lets Make An Impact said...

Being content is hard...

I received your comment on my blog (you found me on cheapskate monthly). Thanks for the comment. I haven't fully figured out how to use this thing yet. Is it possible to just have a conversation with you or do I just leave comments?

KiddoKare1 said...

Sure, you can e-mail me privately at tthinton@pldi.net.

Nice to "meet" you!