Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 68 and the Roof

Well, the first roofer guy I called (the one the insurance agent gave me) never called back. I called a child care friend who's husband is a roofer and he was going to come out tomorrow and look at it. She called me this afternoon and he could come today. I was in Enid, so I went ahead and did my grocery shopping and came on home. He was able to seal the spots that were leaking and only charged us $55!!! The timing was pretty good because since he's Catholic, he's had mass everyday this week, so instead of working on big jobs that he might get stuck late at, he's been going around doing patching. I've got a guy from church who will come look at the inside and give us an idea of what it will cost to fix the damage inside. But I feel a lot better knowing that the leaks should be stopped now.

Updated debt list:

DLO: $14.40-PAID!
DLO: $34.11-PAID!
Radiology: $37-PAID!
Urgent care clinic: $46.15 (August 2007)-PAID!
Urgent care clinic: $40.55 (November 2007)
Dr. Office: $79.20-Paid!
ER Doctor: $97
dentist: $120-paid $27, balance $100
Auto parts store: $100.00-paid $25.00, balance $75
Josten's-PAID!
Second half 2007 real estate taxes: $148.64-PAID!
Hospital: $261.16
Credit card #1: $2970
Credit card #2: $1104
Credit card #3: $990
Credit card #4: $899
Credit card #5: $908
Credit card #6: $2509
Car loan: Balance: $2815
My student loan: $12, 913
DH student loan: $53, 248
House: paid $670.12

As of March 21st: $2228.52 in debt paid off!

You may have noticed that the dentist bill went up a little bit. That is because Tom had a $27 charge that wasn't covered by the insurance from December so we had to add it. I also added our real estate taxes since we hadn't paid the second half of them yet.

Some really incredible things happened today. I paid our cell phone bill a full week early! I sent in the second half of our real estate taxes 10 days before they were actually due. I went to the Dr. this morning for my sinuses and instead of just paying the 20% co-pay, I paid $50 of the $72. I didn't pay more than that because our health insurance always writes some off and then it's heck trying to get an overpaid amount back from the Dr office. When we get the insurance forms, I can pay the difference. It just felt so good to be able to do that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing amazing!

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks, Mandy. It has been an adventure, that's for sure!