Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 67 and Bargains

The FPU lesson that we had a few weeks ago on bargain shopping has really had me thinking lately about the bargains we have found. For example, last summer, we needed new knobs in our kitchen. A bunch of the porcelain cabinet and drawer knobs were broken and/or lost. We went garage saleing one Saturday. We didn't find anything at all that we were interested in except a box of goldish colored cabinet knobs at one garage sale for about $2 (if I remember right, I know they weren't more than that). So Tom went through and was able to replace all the knobs with the new to us ones. Out of curiosity, I just went online to Lowe's to check out how much new knobs were. The ones that I found similar to our "new" ones were about $5 each, there were others as much as $7-8 each (and probably more). There are at least 35 (if I counted right) knobs in the kitchen. That find saved us about $173! Best of all, they look really nice and they fit the screws that were already in there so Tom was able to just put them on without any trouble. It just makes me smile to see them there and know that we got a bargain. What have been some of your favorite bargain stories?

I haven't heard back from the roofer guy that I called yesterday, I'll keep you posted. Tomorrow I will be updating the debt list with a few more paid bills.

I have lots of homework to finish by Sunday so be praying for me. There's no such thing as holidays and spring breaks in my online classes.

No comments: