Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 66 and REWARD

Today I got my REWARD check. After I tithe from it, order some of Josh's sr pics, and get Serenity's birthday present, it should still make a pretty good bump on the baby EF. I'll keep you posted! The REWARD check is something that the state of Oklahoma started doing a few years ago to reward providers who stay in business (or employment).

The insurance adjuster for the roof came today. Turns out our roof is fine, it's the flashing around the chimney, one of the upstairs rooms, and the back room that is causing the leaks. She will write up an estimate and call me back, then issue us a check. I've got a call in to the roofer that our agent suggested to me and we'll go from there. So hopefully that will be fixed soon without too big of a dent to our EF (we'll have our deductible of course). Oh, and I did call the roofer that did the roof and ask if they would honor the warranty since it wasn't the shingles. He said they didn't do the flashing, they just did an overlay so they are not responsible for that either. I wasn't surprised that he said that, but I thought I'd try. Of course, for $150, he'd be glad to make a service call. I said um...no thanks. Frankly if I'm going to have to give my money to anyone, I'd rather give it to just about anyone than them.

The sun is out here today! The two little ones that I have this week took the stroller and went out for a walk this morning. It was a bit chilly, but it felt great to be out and about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had weather like today on Saturday! I guess we can only hope. I am glad it appears that you are going to be able to get the leaks stopped so easily. Maybe it won't cost you too much.

KiddoKare1 said...

Yes, a nice day for the egg hunt would be great, wouldn't it?