Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 57 and More on Socks

Talking about my holey socks the other day got me to thinking about one of the little things I do to save money in the long run on socks. When I buy a package of socks, I buy ones that are all the same and of a neutral color (usually white). Then if one gets a hole in it, I just throw it away, and eventually another one will get a hole in it and I'll have a pair of socks with no hole. If I buy packages with different colors of socks, then if one gets a hole in it, the other one is pretty much useless, except as a sock puppet.

How is everyone enjoying the time change? May I just say that I hate the time change? I hate having to readjust my body and 7 little kid's bodies every few months just because some politician somewhere thinks it's a good idea. What state is it that has rebelled and doesn't change their clocks? Arizona, I think? Maybe I'll move there someday. It would probably be good for my asthma anyway. LOL.

4 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

Hey, did you know there is a 'new' used book store in Enid? It's in Heritage Hills, close to the cleaners. There used to be a gift shop/mailing place in there. It looks like one of those that were popular years ago, where you can take your used books and get a trade-in for others. I haven't been in it, but I thought you might want to check it out.

KiddoKare1 said...

NO! I did not know that, Linda! Thanks for the info!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow I want to go too now! Thanks Linda :-)

Mom Thumb said...

I have done entire posts about the time change and how much I hate it! I lived in Arizona for a couple of years and I can't tell you how nice it is NOT to do that.