Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day 55 and my Church Socks

Well, I finally replaced my church socks aka my "holey" socks last night at Wal-mart. It seemed like all of a sudden, every pair of socks I owned had a huge hole that left my big toe sticking out. LOL. Not only was it annoying, but quite a source of amusement to my little kids. One of them (a school-ager) looked at my sock one day and said "WHY do you have a hole in your sock?". I said that I didn't know, I just did. Then asked him if he had any socks with holes in them. He looked at me like I had a hole in my head and said "NO". Another child (coincidentally, the first child's younger brother) thought it was hilarious to mess with my toe during Quiet Time before he fell asleep. He would reach over and tickle it or mess with it, then giggle gleefully. So I guess now they will have to find new sources of amusement because all of the church socks are getting thrown out. LOL. I know socks aren't that expensive, but I had put off replacing them because I just hated to spend the money. It seems I wear out socks way faster than anyone else in my family. Do you have certain things that you put off replacing just because you hate spending the money, even if it's not that much?

4 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

OMG, totally, including my socks! My socks all need to be replaced right now. The worst was this big pot I had that should have been replaced years ago because the bottom was a mess. About six months ago, a batch of jam burned because of it. As I was tossing six jars of burned blackberry jam (I HATE tossing food), I decided it was time to stop being so cheap about the pot.

KiddoKare1 said...

Oh Linda, I totally understand that. I use pots that my mom used when I was a kid. We also had a stock pot that Tom had when we got married. Old and ugly thing, we used it until I punched a hole in the bottom of it with a knife trying to break up something that was frozen and I was trying to cook. LOL, we had to break down and get a different one after that.

Anonymous said...

Yep with my pans its when John says ok throw it away and get a new one dear. lol I am awful about not wanting to buy new socks for myself also, but for some odd reason food I can buy. If its on sale, i have a coupon, anything I stock up! It reminds me how much somedays i am like my grandma who always had enough food you could not leave the house for months lol

KiddoKare1 said...

LOL, Mandy, yes I remember all that food from Grandma's house! I used to be more that way than I am now. I've got better at using up what I have before I go crazy buying more. I think it's a security issue, you know? We feel secure if we have plenty of food in the house.