Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 54 and Surprise Soup

One of my favorite cheap meals to make for my family is "surprise soup". I keep a container in the freezer that I add bits of leftover vegetables to (I drain the juice off first) until it is full. Then I take leftover roast or chicken, put it in the crockpot with water and/or tomato juice, the veggies, and the appropriate spices and you have "Surprise Soup". Sometimes I add a few more potatoes to it, depending on how many potatoes I had in my leftover bowl. Add homemade bread, biscuits, or cornbread and you've got a very satisfying meal.

Today we made the car payment (on time again!), which with our house payment that we made last week brings our total debt paid off in the last 8 weeks to: $1987.88! We also are going to be adding $75 to the emergency fund to bring it up to $275.

No comments: