Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 53 and the Economy

So I keep reading how the economy is in danger and how the price of things are going to keep going up. I've even seen something that said that a loaf of bread could be up to $5 by the end of the year. Now these stories just really annoy me, I think because I worry that they'll become "self-fulfilling prophecies". Then there is the whole tax rebate thing, which as nice it will be makes me wonder where our government (who is already billions and trillions of dollars in the hole) is going to get this money. I used to stick my head in the sand and ignore these kinds of issues, but with my college classes and all the writing and research that I am doing for them, I can't really do that anymore.

Tom gets paid tomorrow and I'll have a debt paid off update. I'll be getting the gas bill paid on time for the first time in months. That should get all of the regular bills caught up to date. That is a great feeling!

No comments: