Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 204 and to quote my friend...

To quote my friend: "If today had been a fish, I'd have thrown it back". LOL!

Serenity was home this weekend and was headed back to Norman today to move into her new apartment. She got up and around early and was headed to Enid to meet a friend before she headed out. She just got a few miles and had a blow-out! I went upstairs and woke Josh up to go help her change the tire. In the meantime, two very nice men stopped and helped her get it changed so Josh didn't end up going. All the time of course, I'm praying that they are really nice men and not creeps. Thankfully, they were truly nice. Then Tasha has a sore throat and I have someone who can come stay with the kids so I can take her to the Dr. Only problem is, I still don't have a vehicle that I can use to take her to the Dr. Then naptime was a disaster. One child never went to sleep, and another got woke up by the other child at 1:40. Oh, and I put spaghetti sauce and hb meat in the crockpot for supper and turned it on. However, I neglected to make sure the crockpot was plugged in and by the time I discovered it, it had been in there too long and I didn't think it would be safe to eat. By this point, I was pretty much done for the day. LOL. I got Tom to bring home Arby's for supper, I had two of my parent/Tracy conferences and I'm about ready to go to bed. LOL!

Now, to reframe this and try to look at it in a positive way. Serenity was close to home where we could help if needed, two very nice men stopped and helped her, and her other 3 tires were fine so only the one had to be replaced. The two little boys will probably go to sleep for their parents pretty easy tonight. Well, unless they're too tired. Tasha is not running a fever. Arby's was yummy, and my parent conferences went great.

No comments: