Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 203 and Weekend's Already Over

Wow, weekends go fast enough as it is, but when I'm gone for part of it, they seem to zip by even faster.

I had a good time at the conference and learned a lot. Our keynote speaker was awesome, I'll be sharing some of what I learned from her throughout the week. I also went to a couple of her breakout sessions, one of which was on stress. Don't know why I felt the urge to go to that one. LOL!

We had a problem when we first got to the motel, and I was very mad and frustrated about it. I managed to stay pretty calm and not get mean with the lady or anything. But when we got there at 5:00, the lady at the desk told us that our room was not available because Dr. Patel had checked out that morning, went to work at the hospital, and left all of her stuff there. They couldn't let us have the room until she got off work and got her stuff out of there. We had just driven 3 1/2 hours, we were tired, and wanted to unload our stuff, and rest for a while before we met our friends for supper. She couldn't move us to another room because THAT room had been reserved with my credit card. So I left my cell phone number and we went to Dollar Tree. A little after 6:00, she calls my cell and says that Dr. Patel is getting her stuff out, but they still have to clean it up after that. We were meeting our friends at 6:30 so we went ahead to meet them and finally got to check into our room after 8:00. When I paid for the room, I asked her if she was going to adjust our rate for our trouble and she informed me we already had the lowest discount rate and she would not be adjusting it. I asked when the manager was in and she said she was the manager. So I paid and we went to our room, and neither of our keys worked! I walked back to the desk, got our keys fixed and we finally got into our room. Later, I went down to the pop machine and it was out of Diet Pepsi (the only diet drink in it) and water. We went to the 2nd floor pop machine and it was also out! The next morning, I asked the guy who was working what the manager's name was and he said that their manager was out having knee surgery and they didn't think she was coming back. I told him that the lady on duty the night before had told me that she was the manager and he replied "She says she's the manager, she thinks she's the manager, but she's not the manager". LOL! Anyway, I left my phone number with him to have the owners call me. I don't know if they will or not.

2 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

Wow, horrible hotel stories are getting as common as horrible airline stories. Traveling is not as much fun as it used to be!

KiddoKare1 said...

Well, if the lady at the desk had seemed the least bit genuinely sorry about it, it wouldn't have been nearly as frustrating. Even if she had said when she was charging me, "you're already at our lowest discount rate so I can't adjust your rate, but I would if I could". Anything to show that she was truly sorry, ya know?