Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 167 and Driving 55 Update #3

Tom filled his car up yesterday and we figured the gas mileage. He had driven 65 on this tank, and only got 19.96 mpg! That was quite a difference, he had got 25ish mpg driving 55. So I'll keep you posted on our continued quest to save money on gas!

I had another child care class this morning. Afterwards, a friend and I visited a couple of thrift stores in Enid. I'm looking for a vanity table and mirror for Tasha's room. I didn't find that, but we did find two huge bags of wood macrame beads. We each bought one, and then split them. The kids will have a great time with those. Then I found a book I'd been interested in over in the clearance center for 23 cents! It's called "Raising your Spirited Child" and I've borrowed it and read it before. I had planned to buy it, but never had. Then I found a new to me purse for 1.99, but it turned out to be 50% off yellow tag days so I got it for 99 cents. The only bad thing was that my total was $6.66 and that kind of creeped me out! LOL!

Josh's car is acting up, it overheated on him today. Tom has decided that our EF is a car repair fund. LOL. Whatever it is, I'm just so glad we have it!

No comments: