Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 162 and Baby Steps

I've been thinking about Dave Ramsey and his baby steps. I feel like we are permanently stuck at #1: Getting $1000 in an Emergency Fund. We get that done, then we have to use it for an emergency and we're right back to where we started. Now I know we're really not back to where we started, we have made amazing progress, but it seems that the progress isn't as fast as I would like it to be. It's kind of like the prayer "Lord, grant me patience and give it to me now!" I want things to be moving faster and to be making more progress. I don't really have a point except to ask again for prayers for us and for me. I have an opening that I need to fill in the child care and I'm still struggling with my emotions from something that happened last week.

Tonight I have an officer's meeting for one of the child care associations that I am involved in. We will be planning out our 2008-09 year which will be starting back up before I know it! So I need to set some goals for myself so that things do not snowball on me.
1. Get things ready for an audit meeting with the mother's club. Do that by Sunday.
2. Work on getting some speakers lined up for the child care association. Work on that all week.
3. Get July budget ready by Sunday.

No comments: