Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 165 and Random Thoughts

I was thinking today how Tom & I have been getting Sonic drinks more frequently lately (although not as frequently as in the past) and we ate out tonight (we're definitely not doing that nearly as frequently as we used to). I had been struggling with feeling guilty about it, but then I realized something. When we were eating out all the time before and getting Sonic drinks all the time before, we were behind on almost everything, including our house payment, our utilities, medical bills, auto parts store-you name it, we were behind on it! We didn't have any money to fall back on if something happened. Now we are paid up on all of our bills, we are making regular payments on our credit cards, and we have an emergency fund (up and down though it may be! LOL). So, although I think we need to be extra careful about not overdoing it on the Sonic drinks or the eating out, I'm also starting to realize that it's okay if we do it occasionally, and we should try not to feel guilty about it. It's when these things are keeping us from providing the needs for our family that we need to worry about it. So, we are going to continue to be careful about this stuff, but I am also going to work on not feeling guilty when we do sometimes do it.

No comments: