Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 164 and 6 Months until Christmas!

Can you believe that this year is already almost 1/2 over and that Christmas is 6 months from today? My goodness! Anyway, I've already started working on my Christmas list, and have bought 3 gifts. For a few years, I did that faithfully (shopped early) but then I got out of the habit and I'm trying hard to get back in this year.

I've come to the conclusion that I actually function better when I'm busy. When I'm not super busy, it's hard for me to motivate myself to get anything done. Crazy, isn't it?

I got my first phone call in quite a while from a creditor this morning. Remember I mentioned that one of the checks that I sent in May has never cleared the bank and so it was one of the ones that I sent certified mail last week. Well, apparently, the account is with a different collector now! So I don't know what happened to the payments I've already sent? I guess I will pull out my notes and call them and ask where they are. Anyway, the new creditor did the same "we want access to your checking account" nonsense. The lady just kept on and on about it. Finally, I firmly, but politely said that I had children who needed my attention and I had to go and I hung up.

2 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

No, I know that about being busy. We knew we were coming to Minnesota for months, but I didn't do anything to prepare until two days before we left. My MIL and I have discussed this. If you are a perfectionist (and I don't think you can argue that you are), the more you procrastinate, the more you can say stuff like I only did it in two days. So, if it's not perfect . . . not your fault! Even though I recognize this about myself, doesn't mean I change it.

KiddoKare1 said...

Ha, Me? A perfectionist? What in the world are you talking about? ROFL!