Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 131 and my Baby is in Driver's Ed!

Tasha started Driver's ed classes yesterday! We just found out Tuesday that they were going to let her take them. Since she's not 15 until July, we thought she was going to have to wait until next summer (they no longer offer it during the school year). Anyway, they're letting her take the classroom part now and then she'll do the driving part after she turns 15 in July. The only bad thing is that this meant that I have to come up with $125 to pay for the class. I sure would have liked some notice so that I could have been saving back for it! So anyway, I am going to take the $95 I made from selling my humanities books, and $30 I'll be making today for a drop-in child and that will be enough to pay for it. It's a bummer not to be able to send that $95 towards one of the debts, but it's a relief to be able to pay for the class.

The baby EF is down to $654 after Josh's car repairs. It was $188 for the parts and $84 for the labor. Once again, we are thanking God for the baby EF! Now we have to get to work trying to build it back up. I sure hope we are done using it for a while. Goodness!

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this weekend. I have nowhere to go and nothing to do except go to church on Sunday! No homework, no garage sale, no graduation party, nothing! I plan to do lots of relaxing and maybe try to get some organizing done around the house. Have a happy weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! NOOOOOO! Tasha cannot be old enough to drive! That makes me feel older than turning 50 did......LOL Enjoy your weekend!You need to rest up before the summer vacation craziness begins!

Mom Thumb said...

Happy Birthday!

Now I'm thinking about the first time I saw Tasha. She was itty bitty, and now she's driving? Geez.

KiddoKare1 said...

Yeah well, I'm not ready for it either, Di. LOL. I think she's going to be like Serenity and want to go for her permit the day she turns 15 1/2 and her license the day she turns 16. Josh on the other hand was in no hurry.

Thanks Linda. Yeah, Tasha's really growing up. Have you seen her lately? My goodness! She does not look like a little girl anymore!