Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 129 and Those "Blah" Nights

Well, last night was one of those blah nights where in the olden days, I'd have done everything to justify having Tom bring something home for supper, such as "I'm too tired", "I don't feel good", "I don't have anything laid out". But, that was in the old days. Well, actually, it was yesterday too. I tried really hard to talk myself into it. LOL. But seriously, I've been trying to get stuff for at least one or two convenience meals when I get groceries. So I heated up some grilled chicken soup and a loaf of garlic bread for supper. It was good, filling, and super easy. Do you have a plan for those nights where you just don't want to cook? Those nights where you are really tired, forgot to put something out, you don't feel good-whatever the reason is. The soup and the bread cost less than $5 combined, much less than a fast food meal of $20 or more. So I am proud of me!

My supper plan for tonight is grilled chicken salad. I got some marinade at Aldi's and I tenderized the chicken this morning and it is marinating right now. I'll cook it on the George Foreman grill and that's another fairly quick & easy meal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my.....I can really identify with that. After a long day at work, the thought of going home and cooking, and then having to clean up the mess.....well, as you know, we eat out A LOT!!!!!!

KiddoKare1 said...

I know exactly how you feel! Especially after I've cooked and cleaned up two meals and a snack for the kids already. If I don't get in my mind early what I want to fix, it's hard to make myself do it. I try to have a written plan, but that also relies on me remembering to check it and see what I need to put out!

Mom Thumb said...

Good for you! Cheap and easy things I keep on hand are hot dogs and frozen corn on the cob, and spaghetti and marinara sauce. Not the healthiest, but nobody complains!