Saturday, May 3, 2008

Day 111 and the baby EF

Well, the baby EF is back up to $1000 thanks to Uncle Sam and the stimulus rebate! Thank you! I used $125 of it to pay off the Urgent Care/Dr's office bills, we are giving away part of it, and we have about $250 left. We had planned to save that in case we needed it over the summer, but yesterday I kept feeling prodded by God to put it towards one of the credit cards and trust in Him to take care of our needs throughout the summer. Tom & I discussed it last night and prayed about it and decided that is the right thing to do. So I will be sending that amount towards one of the credit cards in the next few days. I also listed and sold both of my humanities books within 24 hours! When that money gets deposited (later in May), I will have about $90 to put towards a credit card. Just think, if we do well with our garage sale next weekend, we might almost have one of those credit cards completely paid off by the end of this month! Wouldn't that be amazing?

So today (on a Saturday of course!) I got the bills for mine & Tasha's Dr. visits in March. Mine was correct, showing the payment that I had made and that I owed $10.50. Tasha's was not. Hers had the shot they gave her ($40) and the fee for injecting it ($20!!!!), but didn't have the visit fee listed nor the $50 payment I made listed. So guess who I get to call again Monday morning? I'm going to be praying for patience and kindness between now and then because otherwise I'm probably going to be really rude and hateful. I'm sure as many statements as they have to send out a month, it's inevitable that they will make mistakes.

Today Tom & I are going to start going through stuff and pricing it for the garage sale. I also have 17 pounds of hamburger meat that I need to get browned up. Going to be a busy day, but did you notice that the words homework were not included in those sentences at all???? LOL!

We have a riding lawnmower that we are thinking of selling. We need some advice on what to sell it for. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing your classes! Enjoy your summer break. I got a call back from Bass the other day, and they audited my account, and they actually admitted that they charged me twice for the $138 tetnus shot. They credited my account for it! So don't give up, just ask to talk to a supervisor if you have to! Good luck.....

KiddoKare1 said...

Wow, $138 tetanus shot. Yikes!