Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 110 and Taking a Deep Breath!

I just submitted my last homework assignment for this semester. Phew! That feels great to have that done and off my plate! YAY!

Here's something funny. We've had a loan through American General Finance in Enid for literally years. I'm guessing 10-12 years, at least. Anytime we'd get anywhere close to paying it off, we'd refinance it and start all over. We are now down to less than a year on it and I think they're getting nervous. We keep getting these letters in the mail: "You are eligible to borrow $ with no increase in payment, call today". Then yesterday, they called and told us that we had $1500 available to us. LOL. I said "thanks, but no".

On to the debt list. First of all, I called the billing office for the Dr. bills this morning because I'd never heard back from them or got the printout they were supposed to be sending. It was a very frustrating call and I was almost in tears at one point. She informed me that the Urgent Care bill is going to go to collections within the next week. I pointed out that wasn't really fair since I'd paid it and THEY had credited it to the wrong account. She blamed it on me using the online bill pay service through the bank and said that both accounts have the same account number. I looked later and realized they do not. At any rate, I'm going to pay off the rest of the 2006 bill and send the money for the current Urgent Care bills and those will be caught up. We will be getting a bill from the Dr's office from Tasha & I's visits in March but I'll have to take care of those on the next payday. I'm not very happy with the whole situation, but I don't know what to do besides pay the bills and go on. If we hadn't been in such denial about our bills then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Life goes on...just gotta learn from it and move on.

So that being said, here's the updated bill list. As of May 2nd: $4356.35 in debt paid off!

DLO: $14.40-PAID!
DLO: $34.11-PAID!
Radiology: $37-PAID!
Urgent care clinic: $46.15 (August 2007)-PAID!
Urgent care clinic: $40.55 (November 2007) PAID!
Urgent care clinic: $21.50 (February 2008) PAID!

Dr. Office: $79.20-PAID!
Dr. Office (June 2006) $105.02-PAID!
ER Doctor: $93.54-PAID!
dentist: PAID!!!
Auto parts store: $161.73-PAID!
Josten's-PAID!
Second half 2007 real estate taxes: $148.64-PAID!
Hospital: $261.16-PAID!
Car loan: Balance: $2303
House: paid $1340.24
Credit card #1: $2970-paid $75
Credit card #2: $1104-paid $25
Credit card #3: $990-paid $25
Credit card #4: $899-paid $25
Credit card #5: $908-paid $25
Credit card #6: $2509-paid $75
My student loan: $12, 913 (in deferment due to my full time student status)
DH student loan: $53, 248(in forbearance)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We borrowed money from American General about 3 years ago and paid it off right away with our tax return. They still send us letters and call all the time! lol Its like please please can u pay us some interest since last time u paid it off while still at 0%! lol

Anonymous said...

oh and i have to ask cause i never figured it out lol What is DLO? The update on bills paid looks great!

KiddoKare1 said...

Oh, DLO was like a Diagnostic Laboratory something or other from back when Tom had those hives so bad and they did all those allergy tests on him.