Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day 80 and taking care of myself

Well, first an update on yesterday...I called a credit counseling service that a friend recommended to me to check into doing a debt management program through them. I'm waiting on them to call me back. Tom & I agreed last night that this may be the most effective route. We'll see what they have to say.

Something that I don't always do very well at is taking care of myself. I eat too much, period, and I definitely eat too much of stuff that I shouldn't. Stress causes me to eat more and so as you can imagine, I ate like a pig yesterday. LOL. Anyway, I'm setting some goals for myself in that area of my life:

1. Eat breakfast! Eating breakfast helps my blood sugar stay more stable, but I am not a big breakfast person.

2. Cut out the sweets. Even though studies show that diabetics can have a limited amount of sweets, I have been way over that limit lately!!!! So I'm going cold turkey!

Last summer, I started walking everyday, but my asthma started acting up to the point where I was wheezing all the time. The Dr told me that I had to stop until my asthma was under control. I would sure like to try again, but I'm a bit nervous about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard great things about those counseling places so well worth trying it! I don't do near as good as I should about eating either stress makes me eat and chocolate lol You are doing great though so I am sure u can do it too! :-)

Anonymous said...

I assume that you know that I worry about your and Tom's health, so I am really glad to see you trying to make healthy changes in your lifestyle. I know that you can stick to it if you put your mind to it. I am also a stress eater. When I am upset, my mind says CHOCOLATE!!!!!