Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 79 and I feel like giving up

I wish I could say that this was an April Fool's joke, but it's not. After spending most of quiet time on the phone with just two different credit card collectors, I am worn out, frustrated, and upset. One lady told me at first that the payment I was offering was fine, then said she had to call me back. When she called me back, suddenly, it wasn't fine anymore, she wanted xxx amount. When I told her that I was not going to commit to more than I knew I could pay, she started telling me how strict the rules are on this account, etc (I"m not really sure what the heck she meant by that). The other one refused to lower our interest rate so the amount that I know we can pay on that is about $2 less than the interest accruing each month. So sure we can probably send in extra, but I don't know how much. The other two places (one of them has 3 of our accounts) I had to leave voice mails to call me back and have not heard back from them yet and naptime is almost over so I may not get to talk to them today. I started out feeling very hopeful, but I'm not anymore. I'm feeling very hopeless.

Don't get me wrong, I know we owe the money and we want to pay the money. But you would think they would be a little more willing to work with us when I'm calling them, wouldn't you? I told the lady who changed her mind about the payment amount that I was sending in what I could and they could refuse it if they wanted to.

No comments: