Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day 76 and worn out!

It was a nice visit to see Serenity. We won't talk too much right now about how much we spent between gas, the motel room and eating out, but it was enough! Geesh! Suffice it to say that we ate at On the Border last night (Serenity's choice for her birthday) and Chili's today with two of Serenity's friends and their moms. Tom was the only man at a table of 8! Tasha spent the night at Serenity's apartment and they got some sisterly bonding time. However, just the fact that we have been being so careful with our money the last few months made me able to enjoy this trip without stressing out about money (Well, not too much, LOL. After all, I am still ME).

Well, the emergency fund was sure nice at $1000 while it lasted. My day took a crappy turn yesterday at lunchtime when my kitchen sink stopped up and all the plunging in the world would not budge it. The last time this happened a couple of years back, it ended up backing up during the night all over the kitchen floor so I wasn't even waiting this time and I called a plumber. He was able to come out at 3:00, got it unstopped, and I paid him $145!!! So the EF is back down to $855, but I have to say that it felt nice to just be able to call the plumber knowing we had the money to pay for it and not having to worry about putting off paying a bill, or not being able to go see Serenity because of it or something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you were able to get away and relax for awhile! You don't do it nearly often enough. You have been so busy with work, school ,etc., you really deserved it. I cannot believe Serenity will be 20 next month.But, Mandy will be 28 in October, and that is hard tobelieve, too.

Mom Thumb said...

I'm glad you got to have a relaxing (albeit tiring) weekend for a change, you deserve it! Having said that, we need to rephrase here. The correct terminology is: "The EF is still UP to $855, yay!" Okay. Now I feel better.

I'm sure Tom can hold his own at a table with 7 women. :-)

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks Di. Ack, I can't believe Mandy's going to be 28! I was thinking she was like 25 or something. LOL.

Linda, oh yes, Tom can definitely hold his own. He says he feels more comfortable with a group of women than he does with a group of men anyway.

You are right about rephrasing the EF statement.