Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 73 and the baby EF

Well, between the REWARD check I got last week and the insurance check yesterday, we are going to have the baby EF fully funded at $1000. We will put the rest of the insurance money back until we find out how much it will cost to fix the damage inside from the leaks. If all goes well, between my food check and the tax refund this week, we may be able to pay off several of the smaller bills and get to tackling the bigger stuff. I do have to take Tasha to the Dr tomorrow (her tonsils are red and swollen) so we'll see how much that costs!

This Friday, we are going to Norman to see Serenity. It is parent's weekend, plus next Thursday is her 20th birthday!!! I cannot believe I have a child who is going to be 20 years old! We will be taking Serenity out to eat for her birthday while we are there. I've already got Serenity's birthday present ordered and on it's way to her. I got her a set of movies that she wanted (Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, and Weird Science). I also got her a crockpot and cookbook to go with it.

Last night and this morning I went through my January, February, & March receipts and wrote them down for my taxes next year. Now I just have to keep that up through the rest of the year. It took less than an hour total to do those 3 months. If I could keep up through the year, I bet that part of it would take me less than 15 minutes a month, instead of hours and hours at tax time. Plus it's a lot easier to remember what those things I bought at Wal-Mart were soon after I bought them instead of a year later. I spent forever trying to figure out what some stuff from last summer was on a Wal-Mart receipt and whether it was deductible. I've also got my hours worked written down in my calendar up through yesterday, and I've been writing down the utility bills as I pay them. Since I run a business in my home, I am allowed to deduct a portion of those off my taxes. Oh, and I also have the amount paid by the parents totaled for January & February. That will also be much easier if I keep a running total of that through the year. Now if I could just get my housework organized better, my entire life would be almost totally organized! LOL!

2 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

Ah, a totally organized life, what a concept! I can't believe you have your EF up to a thousand dollars, that is so great!

I am thinking of setting up something similar to your Christmas account so we will have funds for paying for rehearsal dinner, travel, etc. for Curtis' wedding. Does that have interest?

KiddoKare1 said...

It does, but not very much. 1.49% or something like that. That's through Tinker credit union.