Yesterday, my best friend and I went to see Sarah Roe aka "Money Saving Queen" from the Tulsa, OK area. If you haven't checked out her website, then I highly recommend it: Money Saving Queen. She also has a wonderful book on saving money with coupons, written from a Christian point of view: The Power of Coupons: 13 Ways to Save.
Some of the things that I learned yesterday, I already knew, but sometimes it's still good to hear them again. Here are a few of them:
1. Keep a price log on the things you buy most frequently in order to determine the sales prices. That way, you'll know when it's at the best price.
2. When it's at the "Rock Bottom" price, use a coupon to buy it, increasing your savings even more.
3. Stockpile enough to get till the next sales cycle (as a general rule, about every 6-8 weeks).
4. Match coupons to sales flyers for the best deals (MSQ's website does this for you on many Oklahoma stores).
5. Plan weekly menus around sale items and stockpile.
6. Stack manufacturer coupons with store coupons.
Next time, I'll share some of her tips for saving money on other items!