Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 337 and frugal wisdom from Christmas songs

I have a favorite cassette of Christmas songs that I love to listen to. It has songs from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty, and other favorite Christmas shows that I watched growing up. As I was listening to it yesterday, I started thinking about some of the frugal, get out of debt wisdom available from some of the songs. For example:

Remember this one?

"Put one foot in front of the other"

Put one foot in front of the other (Follow Dave Ramsey's baby steps)
And soon you'll be walking across the floor (soon you'll be making progress!)
Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking out the door. (Before you know it, you'll be debt-free!)

You'll never get where you're going
If you never get up on your feet (You'll never get anywhere if you don't try)
Come on, there's a good tail wind blowing
A fast walking man is hard to beat.

If you want to change your direction
If your time of life isn't had.
Well don't be the rule, be the exception
A good way to start is to stand. (As Dave says: Live like noone else so later you can live like noone else!)

If I wanna change the direction, I see in the mirror each morn (oh you do?)
You mean that it's just my election (Just that!)
To vote for a chance to be reborn?
Hoo-hoo! (It's up to the person in the mirror-THAT'S YOU! to make those changes!)

Tomorrow..."There's always tomorrow" (pun not intended. LOL)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have really been learning how to put what you have learned in everyday perspective. That is really awesome!

KiddoKare1 said...

Tasha thinks I'm nuts, but I just LOVE that song. What can I say? I'm a goober. LOL.