Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 324 and feeling guilty

We have not been very good lately. We ate out last week, on Thanksgiving Day (twice), had pizza one day over the weekend, and I think we ate out at least one other time last week. Oh yeah, we got subs from Bob's. Oh, and let's not forget the Sonic drinks. Now I can rationalize it all I want to. I didn't feel well, I was stressed out because of homework, etc. But the fact is, I should have had a plan. Now I don't feel too guilty for eating out on Thanksgiving Day. I cannot tell you how nice it was not to cook! We had a great day together as a family and we do not get too many of those anymore. Besides, we chose the cheapest of 3 options for eating out. One of the places I called was going to be $20 a plate! Holy smokes. Cracker Barrel was good and we were able to eat for about $10 each, which I didn't think was bad at all. Then we just grabbed burgers from Braum's on the way home for supper. With Christmas, and still having openings and the issues with Josh's car depleting our EF, we really need to be being extra careful with our money. I have pretty much given up worrying about it, I know God will take care of it in His time. So here's my goals to set us back straight!

1: Limit ourselves to once a week with the Sonic drinks.
2: No eating out until at least December 12th (our anniversary and if I say we won't eat out then, well, I'll be setting myself up for failure, LOL).
3: Do the December budget (by Friday)

That's all for now. I may have more to add tomorrow!

No comments: