Follow by Email

Monday, October 6, 2008

Days 265, 266, and 267

Phew, what a weekend. First off, let me say, it was a wonderful weekend. The only way it could have been better is if I hadn't felt so dang lousy most of it. I started sneezing Friday, little did I know it was the start of a cold. UGH. Silly me, I thought it was allergies (and I still think at least some of it is).

Friday night: I drove to Tulsa, arrived there around 7:00. It wasn't dark yet which was nice since the street on my directions that I was supposed to turn down was blocked off for something going on downtown. After a few nerve-wracking moments, I weaved my way around and found the parking garage for the Crowne Plaza hotel and parked my van. I called the friend that I was meeting, she was already checked in and she met me out in the hallway on our floor. Neither one of us was familiar enough, comfortable enough, or brave enough to get BACK out and drive around Tulsa at night so we decided to eat in the restaurant downstairs at the hotel. Well...let's just say it was fancy. Let's see, the burger I got was around $14.00! It was very good though. And the service was excellent. Get this, they had brought us a plate of bread and after we finished, our waiter guy comes back and with a rolled-up napkins, cleans up all our crumbs. I was thinking "DUDE! You so need to come home with me and follow my little kids around". LOL. Anyway, as far as I was concerned, it was totally worth it not to have to leave the hotel and drive around. Then the A bag with ear plugs, a sleep mask, and lavender linen spray, another bag with snacks, a CD to put on while you were trying to go to sleep. Little did we know how badly we would need that stuff in the middle of the night. LOL. There were like 4 pillows on each bed so you could sit up and watch TV on your bed very comfortably. Anyway, we had to get up early so we turned the lights out at about 10:00 and I fell asleep fairly quickly. Around a little after 2:00 a.m., I had to go to the bathroom and started hearing noises in the hall and then next door. Oh my goodness, those people talked and carried on loudly until after 4:00 a.m. They even had food delivered somewhere around 3:30 a.m.! I got so cranky that I beat on the wall and told them to be quiet. I don't think they even heard me over their own ruckus.

Then Saturday. The conference was great, and I got to meet and visit with Jeff Johnson. He was as awesome in person and as a speaker as he seemed in his books and by e-mail. I had a great time. Then I left and made it back to Enid for my cousin's wedding and reception. I was feeling totally wiped out by then, especially because of the whole being awake in the middle of the night and I wasn't feeling too good. So I put in an appearance at the reception and then came home.

Sunday, we got up and went to church. I thought I was feeling somewhat better, but really wasn't. We came home from church and got ready to take Tasha and her friend to the concert. I didn't want Tom to go by himself so I went with him, even thought I wasn't feeling the greatest. We had a really nice time. We ate at a Mexican restaurant downtown, then walked around a little while, then took a ride on one of the water taxis. It was a lot of fun. The girls had a good time at the conference and we got home around 12:30-12:45 a.m. Let me tell you, that alarm went off soon this morning! LOL!

Today I had a fairly light day on kids so that helped and tonight I'm just trying to relax and take it easy. Hope you all had a great weekend!


Mom Thumb said...

Sounds like you had a 'Jeff' hotel experience. Glad you made it through the weekend and hope you feel better!

Di said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am jealous about the water taxis. Everytime we are in Bricktown, either it is HOT,HOT,HOT, and we don't feel like riding around, or we are in a hurry and don't have time for it. I really love the whole Bricktown and canal area, though. I am glad you had such a nice time, and I hope you are feeling better. I think my infection is better, but I am still having horrible sinus headaches, and my voice is still gravely. I know it is allergies.

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks Linda! Di, the water taxis are awesome. We had taken the kids on them years and years ago before all the newest expansion and it was cool then. Cooler now. It was dark and well, just kind of romantic. LOL. Except for the 30something other people on the boat of course.

Oh and I"m losing my voice too.