Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 221 and I can Drive 55 revisited

On the Enid News & Eagle website, I found a commentary by Jeff Mullins regarding a grassroots effort to reduce the national speed limit back down to 55. http://www.enidnews.com/opinion/local_story_233010148.html?keyword=secondarystory . If you can't get that link to work, then go to www.enidnews.com and under the Opinion heading, click on the article: "Double nickel not worth a dime" Mr. Mullins did not agree with the effort and I have to admit, I went back to driving 65. I couldn't stand the driving 55! I really couldn't see that it saved that much gas and it was making me crazy. I guess if it was the law, I'd have to do it, but I sure wouldn't like it.

Good thing it's time to go shopping, my cupboards are getting pretty bare. LOL! I can tell I've had more kids the last couple of weeks because my pantry is about wiped out.

Tonight, Tom was strong enough to resist the urge of me begging him to bring home Sonic drinks. I also resisted the urge to go out to eat and I made Tuna Helper for supper. It was really good, even if I had to make it. LOL.

No comments: