Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 218 and One More Day Till School Starts

I've enjoyed the summer but I"m sure glad to be making more money and to be getting back into a regular routine. Josh started his classes today, Tasha starts Wednesday, and Serenity and I start Monday.

I've got a budget done for the rest of this month and have started on Septembers but haven't finished it yet. I am going to hold onto these textbooks, I just can't bring myself to sell them for 75 or 80 cents. I cashed in the change I rolled on Saturday so now our baby EF is $25. It's weird how much better I feel with even that little bit in there. Just knowing that it's not completely empty is somewhat comforting!

I had a frightful moment when I was on the phone with Serenity earlier. She couldn't get her gear shift to move and I was thinking "AAAAHHHHHH, I don't think $25 is going to fix something like that". LOL. Anyway, she got it, I guess it was just stuck. Phew!

Today as I had a moment here and there, I worked on my menu and grocery list for the next couple of weeks for when I do my grocery shopping this weekend. As I mentioned, we're not eating out until we get everything caught up to date. Then this afternoon, Josh has the nerve to come in and ask me for $10 so he could go eat at the BBQ joint. The boy has a job and more money than I do right now, but he wants me to pay for HIM to eat out. ARGH!

Oh, and no, I didn't give him the $'s!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I've been following your blog for a while now, and I know you at some point mentioned where outside of Enid you live, but for the life of me I can't remember. Anyway, we live in Enid, and my husband has recently started working in Waukomis. (did I spell that right? Crazy word)

I am looking into going back to work, and if I get hired on where I applied today, a babysitter/daycare out that way would be amazingly helpful...

We are also trying to find a 2 or 3 bedroom house or apartment... but they seem to be in short supply.

KiddoKare1 said...

I live in Pond Creek. And yes, you spelled Waukomis right. LOL. You can try Child Care Finders: 548-2318 and you can also look online at www.okdhs.org, click on "child care locator/summary of facility monitoring" to look for child care. You can also e-mail me privately at tthinton@pldi.net or Tracy.Hinton@g.mail.com with the names of anyone you find and I can tell you if I know them or anything about them. I would suggest that you check out the licensing record of any child care provider that you are considering. Good luck!