Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 181 and How do you Keep Cool?

How do you keep your house cool in the summer, besides the a/c of course? I use fans, both ceiling and floor, keep my blinds and curtains closed to keep the sun out, and try not to use the oven too much. What other tips/ideas can you share?

What about if you get hot while you're doing stuff around the house? Do you automatically turn the a/c down or do you try to find other ways to cool off first? I will usually go sit in front of a fan to try and cool off. Since my hysterectomy a few years ago, I am just not as able to take getting hot like I used.

I did my grocery and Wal-Mart today and other than that, I have pretty much taken it easy.

2 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

Another post with interesting timing, since our AC died late yesterday afternoon. Fortunately, it coincided with the thunderstorm and accompanying cool front, so we opened all the windows and pulled the air in with a floor fan.

Generally, we also use the ceiling fans and we keep the thermostat programmed so the house temp stays the same. Menopause has not helped when it comes to the heat, but if I get too hot and sit under the ceiling fan for a few minutes it usually helps.

KiddoKare1 said...

Oh man, did you get your a/c fixed yet, Linda?