Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 177 and a Time Machine

Have you ever wished you had a time machine so you could go back and fix some of your stupid mistakes in your past? Or do you look upon each mistake as a learning and growing experience? I have to confess to sometimes wishing for a time machine, but when I look at some of my biggest mistakes, I realize they made me who I am today.

One of my mistakes might have been marrying my first husband. But then I wouldn't have Serenity & Joshua and who could ever consider them mistakes? If I hadn't married him, I might not have ended up in Enid where I met Tom, married him and had Natasha. No mistakes there!

But what about my financial mistakes? Would I go back and change them if I could? I'm not sure. I've learned a lot from everything that we've gone through, but I would wish that my children would learn from us and not do the same. If I hadn't made them, I wouldn't be doing this blog and sharing my mistakes with the whole world, and maybe I can make a difference in just one person's life by sharing my mistakes.

So...no time machines for me!

5 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

Interesting timing for this post. A few weeks ago, Jess googled my ex-husband, who I have never regretted leaving for one minute. I had put him through grad school, where he got a PhD. When I left, he was working as a TA at New Mexico State, had no ambitions other than sitting around all day playing Dungeons and Dragons.

Turns out now he is some globe trotting computer geek who lives in a mansion in Albuquerque (with a heated pool). It really pissed me off at first that I got the worst of him. But after I read his three blogs, I realized he's still a freak and I'm lucky to be out of that.

Of course, the best thing about getting out was that I got Randy, Curtis and Jessica. Even if I had a time machine, I don't know that I would not marry Mr. Freak because I learned a lot and grew a lot during those five years. I guess it's best to just learn, not regret and count our blessings!

Anonymous said...

And if you hadn't married Tom you wouldn't be in my life, and that would be awful. So I agree, NO time machines.

KiddoKare1 said...

Amen, Linda! You are so right!

Ohhhh...thanks Di! That is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Yep I tell myself all the time Hailee wouldnt be who she is and I would have never found John had i not been in that place in my life. Its all worth it! I am glad u are in our lives too fyi :-)

KiddoKare1 said...

Yes, it's wonderful how God works all the things together in our life to make us who we are. I'm glad to be in your family, too, Mandy. Or our family, I guess. LOL.