Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 175 and Forever a Teen

Today would have been my brother's 40th birthday. He died in a car accident when he was 18 years old. In memory of him, I wrote this poem a few years ago.

Forever

Stuck in time, forever a teen

Never growing up,

Somehow it seems

That time has flown by,

The years have gone fast

But I remember the past.

Watching my children,

Remembering my own childhood,

Brothers and sisters

Should grow old together.

But you’re gone forever.

Stuck in time,

Forever a teen.

6 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

Wow, that's profound. It made me think - I have a twin brother who was stillborn. I wonder sometimes what it would be like to have him around, but in my mind, I guess he will always be a baby.

KiddoKare1 said...

Linda, I never knew that. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Loved your poem, Tracy. Very profound. Still seems so unfair that Bill's life ended so early.

KiddoKare1 said...

Yes, it is terribly unfair, Patsy. Thanks for reading the poem.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so good. You are a very talented writer. I really feel your pain. It is really hard for me to imagine losing someone close at such a young age.

KiddoKare1 said...

Thank you, Di.