Friday, July 4, 2008

Day 173 and Happy Birthday USA!

I'd like to say happy birthday to our great country today. Even though things aren't perfect here, I still think we live in one of the greatest countries in the world. What the heck is perfect, anyway? I don't think there is any such thing, except for the Lord. I thank God that I was born here in this country and that I have the freedom and the ability to worship Him, to speak my mind, to do the job that I love (and be able to share about Him as I do it), and to live in a lovely air-conditioned and heated home with plenty of food to eat everyday. I could go on and on.

Updates on some of my recent goals. I did get several speakers lined up for the child care association that I am president of. I only need to get speakers for January and March now. I still don't have stuff ready to do an audit for my other club, but since I was actually reasonably organized this year with it, it's just a matter of making myself take the time to do it. I've got the July budget done, but Tom & I still need to meet over it.

2 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

Thanks for that. I have had some things weighing on me the past couple of weeks, but it's nice to be reminded how lucky we are. Hope you have a great weekend!

KiddoKare1 said...

Sorry things have been weighing on you. Hope everything is okay. Believe me, I don't always feel this way. LOL.