Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 170 and Happiness

The Frugal Dad blog has a great post today about happiness. It's very thought provoking, so if you have a chance, check it out. The link to his blog is at the bottom of my page.

Frugal Dad's post really got me to thinking about where we find our happiness. He made a very good point about the news media and politicians creating a media frenzy around everything. I have to admit, I rarely ever watch the news and we don't get the newspaper so I don't read that, either (except what little is posted online). I just get tired of all the gloom and doom. I can only take so much.

Speaking of gloom and doom...(nice segue, huh? LOL). On Saturday coming back from work, Josh fell asleep at the wheel, woke up heading straight for a truck and swerved into the ditch. Thank the Lord that the only thing hurt is his car. It tore up the radiator, put a hole in the gas tank, and other things yet to be determined for sure. To top it off, Tom's car is acting up and we're not sure what's going on there. At this point, it's still running and since Josh's car is completely out of commission, we're hoping and praying that Tom's car can hold on until Josh's is fixed. I've been so freaked out over what happened with Josh that I've hardly been able to think about it or talk about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He definately had someone watching out for him! I hope that is all that is wrong with the car. What is Tom's car doing?

KiddoKare1 said...

Well, it's hard for me to describe. But when the car is idling (like at a stoplight or when I pulled up to drop Tasha off a at a friend's house the other day), it kind of revs and rocks a bit. Does that make sense? I'm not sure what could be causing that. Tom thought he smelled gas the other day, but that could have been from Josh's car.

Mom Thumb said...

That happened to Curtis going from Enid to Pond Creek. It makes you think about all the things you DON'T want to think about when your kids are out and about.

You need to get some of those Gremlin Bells like they put on motorcycles, to catch the evil road spirits!

Thank God that Josh is okay.