Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 160 and Right Between the Eyes

Well, first of all! Day 160! Can you believe I've been doing this for 160 days?! WOW!

Have you ever noticed how when you're feeling down or depressed about something that sometimes you'll read or see something that just hits you right between the eyes or right in the heart? Today, I was reading my daily devotional before I left for my class in Enid. I also went ahead and read tomorrow's since I don't always do good at doing the devotion on Sunday morning. Tomorrow's devotion was about not griping. At the bottom of the page, there was this quote: "When you feel like griping, start counting your blessings". I loved that! I know, it's hard to do, but it truly does help. Then the class that I took today covered some of the stuff that was covered a few weeks ago in the Conscious Discipline class that I took. One of the things that Dr. Bailey says is "What you focus on, you get more of". She's talking about the behavior of the children, but it's true in all aspects of life. When we're focused on the negative, that's what we see and that's what we get. When we focus on the positive, we get better results.

I have had a nice day today. The class was fun and full of great information and the 4 hours just flew by! Each participant got a bag of 5 hardback children's books and then I won one of the door prizes with 4 more books in it. If you know me, you know I love books so I was in HEAVEN!

No comments: