Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 159 and Pampering Myself

Well, I promised to look for some ways to spend time on myself. As I've mentioned before, I'm a huge fun of Flylady. On her website, she has Pamper Missions listed. If you go to her website, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Dana's Weekly Pamper Mission". That will take you to a page with an idea for this week and a link to several more ideas. This week's suggestion is to have fresh flowers out, either a bouquet or a single flower. I love fresh flowers and I keep telling myself I'm going to start getting them to put in my house and I never spend the money to do it. However, every Sunday when I'm going to and from church, there are lots or pretty wildflowers along the road, I could stop and pick a few of those.

Other ideas listed included getting your eyebrows waxed (that actually doesn't sound all that relaxing to me, LOL), manicures and pedicures, fixing yourself a cup of herbal tea, re-read old cards or letters from special people and there are hundreds more listed there-go check them out!

As for me, tomorrow, I'm going to another child care training and then I'm going out for a late lunch with my friends! Can't wait!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do read over and over the letters john sends home to make my day go better sometimes. I told John the other day, I went to walmart and got everyone something but me, and he said u do realize you can do things for yourself too right? Its hard to do, its the mom in me and I am sure that is where yours comes from too. So this week, i splurged and got a book i have been wanting and now i am going to enjoy reading it, if i ever find time. lol