Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 144 and the Dryer Saga

A few days ago, I referred briefly to our dryer problems last summer. It actually started in the spring during spring break with a broken belt and pulley. It ended up costing over $140 to get it fixed and still made awful noises, then in June a belt broke again. I called the same repairman to have him look at it and he asked if we'd pick up the belt in Enid. We did and I let him know we got it. I made sure and mentioned to him that this was the same thing he fixed last time. When he finally came and fixed it 2 weeks later, he didn't charge us for the labor but made sure to mention that he "couldn't do that again". I just thought to myself "well don't worry, we won't be calling you again". What is it with most repairmen that they think they are doing YOU a favor by fixing your stuff? Ugh! Anyway, the dryer immediately started making noises again so we've been nursing it along ever since. It won't always start right up if it's been being used, you have to wait about 10 minutes and try again. It is still working almost a year later, but I'm not sure how much longer it will last. This is one of those times that I wish that Tom and I were more mechanically inclined so we could do stuff like that. Unfortunately, it ends up costing more in the long run if we try to fix things. LOL! It's also one of those times that I desperately wish we had a clothesline outside. At the old house, I had one rigged around the carport, but I've not found a good place to do it here yet. Truth be told, I just want a regular old-fashioned t-post clothesline!

No comments: