Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 143 and Serenity's Car

Well, how's this for a challenge to a positive outlook? LOL! Serenity was getting ready to head back to Norman yesterday and her car overheated. It's the intake gaskets, not the water pump like Mark had hoped so probably going to end up being pretty big bucks. I'm guessing around $300 total. But here's all the positives:

1. Serenity had just barely got out of town when it happened so she was able to turn around and come back. It would have been awful if she'd been out on the interstate and broken down.
2. Mark was able to come right over and look at it.
3. We still have over $600 in the baby EF so getting it fixed won't be a problem.
4. Serenity was here in Pond Creek and not in Norman when it happened. Here we have Mark (who we know and trust) and Napa (who gives us a discount on parts).
5. Serenity was able to take Tom's car back to Norman while Tom uses my van until her car is fixed. Hopefully we can take her car to her on Saturday morning. Occasionally, I question whether we really need that extra vehicle since I don't transport children anymore. But it sure is a blessing when something else breaks down to have another vehicle available to drive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the way to keep a positive outlook! I couldn't believe it when Mark called for the parts.Keep your chin up, and maybe your luck will take a turn for the better soon.

KiddoKare1 said...

I know! But Serenity's car has been super reliable so I can't complain. Well I can, but I won't. LOL.